tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 10 13:27:19 1997

Re: KLBC story: bemorngan tIqIH

>> But in {qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD}, {loS SaD}
>> is two words.  We see it this way in the appendix of TKD, and  in TKW
>> (with a typographically extraneous {I} on {loD}).
>
> This is true, and [...] [deleted some good explanations]
> ...funny grammar because it's a proverb.

Maybe we can explain it like that:
  (Of course this is just hypothetical)
Long time ago, when Klingons adapted the counting based on ten, they wrote
that word in two words, like saying "four thousands" instead of
"four-thousand".
During the time that expression became one word, but in this (I dunno) very
old proverb, they didn't change it, like in many other "old" proverbs...

muHwI'
Stardate 97610.1

Back to archive top level