tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 11:12:17 1997

Re: KLBC story: bemorngan tIqIH

According to David Trimboli:

> [email protected] on behalf of Robyn Stewart wrote:
>
> > > Words Qov may have misremembered
> > > (SuStel: jIloytaHmo' choqunchugh, mIwmeywIj vIchoHqang.)
>
> The subject of {choH} is the thing which becomes something different.  You
> need to say {mIwmeywIj vIchoHqangmoH}.

I'm not sure this is true. I don't remember any canon use of
{choH} as a verb, and the definition is "alter, change". I
don't think of "alter" as intransitive, though "change" is
either in English. Given that {Dub} exists only in the
transitive sense in canon, I'd favor interpreting {choH} in the
transitive sense until I see evidence otherwise.

I'll note that I'm perfectly willing to change that
interpretation if I get an anticipated wall of responses
pointing out the canon I have failed to notice...

> --
> SuStel
> Beginners' Grammarian
> Stardate 97590.2