tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 03 13:33:15 1997

Re: Other tidbits, WAS: RE: vegh

In a message dated 97-07-22 02:39:24 EDT, HetaQ writes:

<< I asked him about the origins of the verbs "to marry" for a man and a
 woman.  I don't know if anyone else on the list thought of this but he
 confirmed that [Saw] came from "Sure" with a Southern drawl and [nay] from
 "no".  A bit sexist but humorous nevertheless. >>

While I do not disagree with the above at all--it is MO's
explanation--perhaps MO did know that in Thai there are two distinct words
for marry, meaning exactly the same things as in tlhIngan Hol.

peHruS

Back to archive top level