tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 03 13:14:50 1997

Re: New word from Okrand

In a message dated 97-07-20 23:06:54 EDT, charghwI' writes:

<<
 A man's fist goes through a closed door, an arrow goes through a
 bird's heart or a woman goes through a forest.

I thought "a woman goes through a forest" is okay as long as she does not go
through any solid matter within that forest.  She may even touch the trees,
go through an open hole in a tree, but may not force her way through the pulp
matter of the tree.

What did I miss in the explanation?  Other than that we are all to buy MO's
new book as an answer to the word for "window."  Perhaps he will even reveal
soon the other word for "pass through" matter.

peHruS

Back to archive top level