tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 29 07:49:36 1997

mu- (was Re: yIHmey)

: << jIHvaD jang charghwI': >>
:
: Sorry about the previous message.  I was looking at something else.  I do NOT
: prefer {mujang charghwI'}.
:
: peHruS

Why?  It seems perfectly kosher to me.

mu-  he/she/it/they does something to me:
  - mulegh  he/she/it sees me, they see me. TKD
  - mulegh cha'  Two (of them) see me. TKD
  - mulegh yaS = jIH mulegh yaS   The officer sees me. TKD
  - mulegh puq = jIH mulegh puq   The child sees me.  TKD
  - mulegh qIppu'bogh yaS  The officer who hit him sees me. TKD
  - mulegh yaS qIppu'bogh  The officer whom he hit sees me. TKD
  - mughoS 'avwI' 'ar  How many guards are coming [are approaching me]? TKD
  - mu'aw' mInDu'wIj  My eyes sting [me]. CK

So how do *you* use the mu- prefix? Don't you like to use it at all? Or
rather is your quibble about {jang}?

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level