tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 28 23:22:55 1997

Re: SopDaq

In a message dated 97-04-28 03:51:22 EDT, charghwI' writes, in reply to
Marian Schwartz:

<< > > "A bed is merely a place to sleep."
<<pe'>>

 QongmeH Daq 'oH neH QongDaq'e'.  >>

yIqIm SuStel
tlhIngan quvwIj DatIchpu'mo' DaH maqaDchuqnIS

What part(s) of speech is (are) {ghojmeH taj}?

Does the above sentence using {QongmeH Daq} match your answer?

What do you think about {SopmeH Daq}?

You asked, in bold capital letters no less, why I should want tlhIngan Hol to
expand.  Well, you may be satisfied with your stuffy look at using only what
you have seen Marc Okrand use before you, but I am not so narrow in my
vision.  While I will never make up new words, leaving that only to MO, I
look for ways to translate ideas for which MO's books have not yet given us
solutions.  Often I come up with suggestions for this listserv.  Then, they
usually undergo discussion.

But, you just put them down, loudly.

You are an excellent BG; you stick to the book strictly and point out what is
well-defined.  That is ideal for teaching beginners just the way it is.

I want to watch tlhIngan Hol grow just as all Klingons strive for the
expansion of our glorious Empire!

Qapla'     batlh Sachjaj tlhIngan wo' tlhIngan Hol je

peHruS

Back to archive top level