tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 25 11:06:27 1997

Re: Traveller's Phrasebook

Terrence Donnelly wrote:

> At 12:34 AM 4/25/97 -0700, peHruS wrote:
> >In a message dated 97-04-23 05:50:29 EDT, ter'eS writes:
> >
> ><< Some of these phrases probably don't really have Klingon equivalents, but I tried to
> > fill in every slot with something that would get the traveller's point
> >across without putting the speaker in physical danger. >>
> >I prefer to stick to the travellers' guide conversational phrases in CK and
> >PK.

ter'eS, the back of the TKD has a number of "useful phrases" listed in
it.

The rule of thumb in dealing with Klingons (as I see it) is "BE BOLD",
never apologize, always act as though "I meant to do that!"

If you wish to tip for service, break something first and pay extra for
the damages.

Example: there was a short story circulating this BB that included a
Terragnan tipping, then apologizing, and finally being killed for
insulting the bar-keep.

I would NEVER include apologies or "weak responses" in a tour guide.

tuq l'maSt'r Y'jImbo puqloD warDIn

Back to archive top level