tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 22 10:03:52 1997

Re: KLBC: Power Klingon

> I think this qualifies as a KLBC question, so that's where I've put it.

	That's okay!

> >  <Power Klingon> chatgharch vIghItlh jInIDtaH.
> >  (I was trying to write the chatter of Power Klingon)
> What is *{chatgharch} supposed to be?  If you're trying to use {-ghach},

	Sorry ... I was thinking in "chatter" and I didn't see what I wrote.

> remember, any self-respecting Klingon speaker wouldn't use {-ghach} without
> another verb suffix first!
> Hmmm . . . if you consider {ja'chuq} to be {ja'} plus {-chuq}, then I suppose
> you can easily say {ja'chuqghach} for "conversation" . . .

	This is a point not so clear for me. I'm studing but I miss more explanations
and examples. So, I'm doing lot of mistakes. But only practing I will learn  :))

> Also, if you are "trying" to do this, remember two things: (1) two verbs
> interacting like this calls for Sentence-As-Object (TKD 6.2.5).  {vIghItlh 'e'
> vInID} "I try to write it," or "I try that I write it."

	Okay ... I'll try to remember.

> (2) When you've got a
> SAO, you are not allowed to put a Type 7 verb suffix on the second verb of the
> sentence.  Put it on the first instead: {vIghItlhlI' 'e' vInID}.  I used
> {-lI'} instead of {-taH} because you have an obvious goal: to write down all
> of the conversation in PK.

	Ok.

> "Power Klingon" ja'chuqghach vIghItlhlI' 'e' vInID.

	yes ... it sounds better!

> > 1. nuqneH
> > 2. vISjaj qar 'a'
>

> --
> SuStel
> Beginners' Grammarian
> Stardate 97307.5

	qatlho'

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil

Back to archive top level