tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 22 07:02:17 1997

RE: KLBC: ST6

"Mago"vaD jang SuStel:
>> wa'Hu' *Star Trek VI: Hatlh wItu'be'bogh* vIleghqa'.
>> (Yesterday I saw "Star Trek VI: The undiscovered country" one more
>> time).
>
>That's "country which we do not discover."  I think a more appropriate
phrase
>would be {Hatlh tu'be'lu'pu'bogh} "country which one has not discovered," or
>"country which has not been discovered."

Since "The Undiscovered Country" is a quote from Hamlet, I used the
restored line from the Klingon, which is <qo' tu'be'lu'bogh> (at least
that's how I remember it. Anybody have their copy of Hamlet handy? Act
III, scene 1.)

<qo'> is a better word for 'country' in this context than <Hatlh> also.

- DaQtIq

Back to archive top level