tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 22 07:20:05 1997

RE: pronunciation of tlh-H

> jatlh ~mark:
>
> > Welsh has the sound written "ll" which is very much like the "lh" part of
> > "tlh", and that's still in current use.  Just ask anyone in Llandudno or
> > Llangollen or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
> > [sorry, I *had* to write that]).

Hi!
As far as I can make out from CK, the Klingon tlh is the same as the
Icelandic ll, as in Vatnajoekull, for example. I suppose that doesn't
help most people with the pronounciation, but I just wanted to point
out that the sound does exist in a living language. Even if only
about 260 000 people speak it... BTW, any of them on this list :-) ?

IrmI
Irmgard Pohrer, TUB Muenchen

+ email: [email protected]
++ Tel.: 089/289-28611