tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 07 20:16:26 1997

Re: KLBC: Practicing...

McReynolds wrote:

> Here's a question... how would one say, "I have nothing to say?"

Depends on context, I'd think.  If this is in response to a question, I
would simply say {jISaHbe'}.  If I were stating a fact, I'd probably say
{vay' vIjatlhnISbe'} or even better, {pagh vIjatlh}.

> I was planning on
> writing, "I don't have anything to say, but I'm practicing my Klingon
> anyway."  Now, in that context, I don't think that {jIjatlhbe'} would
> have been appropriate, nor would it have made sense.  What do you think?

Ah.  I'd go with {vay' vIja'chuqnISbe 'ach tlhIngan Hol vIqeqmeH
jIjatlh}.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'