tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 03 21:05:54 1997

Re: KLBC: Practicing...

jatlh SuStel:

> jIQochbe'.  vaj yIjatlh!  yIqon!  batlh mu'qaDmey tIbach!

qatlho'!

Here's a question... how would one say, "I have nothing to say?"
Perhaps:

pagh QIch vIghaj.
I posess no vocal sounds.

But that isn't at all what I meant to say!  Maybe it would simply be:

jIjatlhbe'.
I don't speak.

That would work fine, but it seems a bit ambiguous.  I was planning on
writing, "I don't have anything to say, but I'm practicing my Klingon
anyway."  Now, in that context, I don't think that {jIjatlhbe'} would
have been appropriate, nor would it have made sense.  What do you think?

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level