tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 28 13:01:58 1996

Re: KLBC question

At 09:09 AM 9/28/96 -0700, HoD trI'Qal wrote:
>I can't understand this first sentence.  <nuqDaq> is a question word meaning
>"where".  I have no idea in the world why you put -pu' on it... -pu' on a
>noun means "plural (things capanle of speech)".  Even if you are talking
>about multiple "where"s, you would use -mey... and you most assuredly cannot
>use that on <nuqDaq>, which is neither noun nor verb--it is <chuvmey>, and
>takes no suffixes.  You seem to be asking "where do the frog-insults
>appear", but I hesitate to correct this, not knowing if that is your true
>intention.

Actually, I put the -pu' on the end because I was trying to say "Where did
the insult Frog come from?" and I didn't know where to put the -pu'.

And as for the other two:

"Does anyone know?" and "It is mean" (it also means 'mean', not just grouchy).

vuvnISqu'lu'
http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan
(rInHa')