tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 14:36:15 1996

'The Deadly Field', Eskimo language, and tlhIngan Hol

Hello there, all;

I had seen the televised version of 'The Deadly Field'(or was it 'Deadly
Fields',) a Steven Segall film, and there were some eskimoes in it. When I
heard them speak, the sounds that they made sounded strangely tlIngan! I heard
'tlh', 'q', 'Q', 'S', ''' [glottal stops], and 'ng' alot.  I just thought it
was interesting to see a 'human' language that sounded so familiar to tlhIngan
Hol, and from what I could hear from words and sounds, all of the letters
seemed to fit tlIngan style.  I was wondering what other natural earth
languages might sound similar to tlhIngan Hol, and if any of them in particular
were targeted as a basis for Mark Okrand's rendition of Klingon.

If this subject is too off-subject for the list, please feel free to respond to
me in private [ and/or in tlhingan Hol, I could use the practice! {{:-) ] at my
address; [email protected]

Qapla', jIpItlh;
                                        o=<
                                       /|
nIQom                                 |X|
Cory M. Caserta                       |X|
[email protected]                     \|
                                        o=<

Back to archive top level