tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 14:18:22 1996

Re: Anyone: HELP!

> > ghItlh Qetlh:
>  > >...First of all, I have come up with
>  > >Fek'lhr's Fang as a name for the division's flagship. I am unable to
>  > >find a word for "fang" in TKD. An alternate was Fek'lhr's Wrath, but I
>  > >was amazed to find no word for wrath in TKD...

[ghunchu'wI' qeS vIteqpu']

96-09-24 00:31:53 EDT, jatlh Orville J Canter:

>  Your advice on translating to Klingon is very insightful, but I'm sorry,
>  man - "Fek'lhr's toothy tooth" just doesn't sound that scary.

Actually, this is true.  Might I suggest, that if you want a good name with
{veqlargh}, alliteration, a sharp and scary sound, and a powerful image, you
consider {veqlargh vaQ}.  It doesn't mean "Fek'lhr's Fang," but it's a good
name.

Of course, if you really want the meaning to mean "Fek'lhr's Fang," and
nothing else will do, just follow ghunchu'wI''s advice.

SuStel
Stardate 96733.4

Back to archive top level