tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 02 15:57:50 1996

Re: TKD 3rd ed. (was Re: nuqneH)

At 03:04 PM 9/2/96 -0700, Steven Boozer wrote:
>mutlhob vay' 'e' vISovbej!  {{:-)

DaH wISov. :)

>"Pocket Books" is the paperback division of Simon & Schuster.  After all,
>The Powers That Be won't publish a book unless they are convinced there
>will be a big enough market for it.

Don't you think that the media attention and their own sales would hint of a
growing Klingon market? Oh well, at least writing them will get them on the
ball.

>BTW, anyone know how sales of "ST:Klingon" (the CD, the paperback
>novelization and the audiotape) are going?  That would be a good
>indication of the potential market for a 3rd rev. ed. of TKD.

Well, I have the paperback, haven't finished it yet (have too many other
books to complete first :) ), but I am somewhat disgusted at the way they
treat the Klingon language (bad spelling, illegitimate casing (ex. dRacLa is
a character's name). It's depressing that a novel about Klingons is so
inaccurate in speaking/writing the Klingon language.

'ut 'oH vuv'e'
http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan
(rInHa')