tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 02 15:19:56 1996

Re: Klingonaase

At 02:51 PM 9/2/96 -0700, HoD trI'Qal wrote:
>At 12:25 AM 8/29/96 -0700, A.Appleyard wrote:
>>I tend to think that klingonaase is a separate language that was formerly
>>widespread on Qo'noS's southern continent and it still survives there
>>(including being sometimes used in spaceships with crews that came from
>>klingonaase-speaking areas) although tlhIngan Hol is the official imperial
>>language; and likely klingonaase and tlhIngan Hol have different phonetics.
>

>Either that, or it is another "dialect", which was spoken by one of the
>previous Emporers.  That would make sense why it was so dominant in Kirk's
>time, and not now...

To avoid widespread confusion between tlhIngan Hol and "Klingonaase", I
would suggest, as HoD trI'Qal wrote, that it be a different dialect of
tlhIngan Hol. It is more logical reasoning and continues to support Star
Trek's one-language-per-species theory (that's how it seems).

That way, there won't be a dictionary on Klingonaase unless Marc Okrand
creates a Klingon Encyclopedia, which I believe he did mention in TKD. I
think that the encyclopedia should contain stuff like that and delve into
Klingon culture even further if it is ever written.

-D.V.

Back to archive top level