tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 29 08:04:33 1996

RE: KLBC: interrogative punctuation

> > jIneH,
>
> "I want"?  What do you mean by that?

	I thought it out-of-context to use <nuqneH>, as *I* am the one
speaking here, and am the one who desires something.  An alternate
greeting form for this medium, specific to the content of my letter.

> > 	SuStel chojang.  Qapla'...
>
> This should be a command.  {SuStel, HIjang!} or {HIjang, SuStel!}

	I figured (loosely translating) "SuStel, you answer me." was
sufficient.  Yes, I could have stated it more forcefully, but then that
brings up whether I *should* have.  I could have easily written <SuStel
chojangneS>, which probably would have made more sense.  Yes?  (Too many
options...)

> Concerning punctuation: understand that the Romanized transcription system we
> use is >>>***NOT***<<< used by Klingons!  It is simply used to represent the
> SOUNDS of Klingon.

	jIyaj.

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level