tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 29 07:34:26 1996

RE: KLBC: interrogative punctuation

SuStel jatlh:
>Use punctuation to clarify what you mean when you write in Klingon.  Since
>this writing system is not the real one anyway, what difference does it make?

Hobe', pIm qechmey. rapchugh "romanized" pIqaD'e', nIv Holmaj.
rapnISbe'chugh "romanized" pIqaD'e', "i" wIlo'chugh, SaHbe' vay'.
"romanized" pIqaD'e' wIghajmo' neH, Holmaj wIrapnISmoH.

On the contrary, consistency makes a great deal of difference. Otherwise it
would not matter if we capitalized our "i"s. Since there is no "real"
writing system, this is the most "real" we have.

-HurghwI'
Hovjaj 96913.5
     |  HurghwI' - Peregrine - Adrian
     |  http://www.jwp.bc.ca/peregrine