tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 26 08:37:31 1996

Re: KLBC - write and good

>Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 20:02:42 -0800
>From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>
>>>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>>>	tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH 'e' vIDub
>>>	I improve that I speak Klingon.
>>
>>Another of those transitivity questions.  Does "Dub" mean "get better" or
>>"make something else better"?  Maybe it should be DubmoH?
>
>ghobe'.  {Dub} is transitive in canon:
>
>SuvwI' vI' Dub naQvam ...  (S14)
>This serves to steady the aim of a warrior ...
>(lit. "This [disruptor rifle] stock improves a warrior's marksmanship")

[ Second supporting quote omitted ]

majQa'!  I love your ready canon, voragh.  (Hee, ready canon, or cannon?
Whole new meaning to trigger-happy).  Even (especially?) when it knocks
down my caution like this.

I suppose a qa'meH vIttlhegh is in order for my failure to remember
these... jagh DajeymeH, nIteb yISuvrup.  (hmm.  IS that a replacement
proverb, or just a proverb?  I don't recall.  More fun taking the chance
than going with something common and certain).

~mark

Back to archive top level