tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 25 20:01:19 1996

Re: KLBC - write and good

>>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>>	tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH 'e' vIDub
>>	I improve that I speak Klingon.
>
>Another of those transitivity questions.  Does "Dub" mean "get better" or
>"make something else better"?  Maybe it should be DubmoH?

ghobe'.  {Dub} is transitive in canon:

SuvwI' vI' Dub naQvam ...  (S14)
This serves to steady the aim of a warrior ...
(lit. "This [disruptor rifle] stock improves a warrior's marksmanship")

DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
   lurSa' be'etor je.  (S26)
The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, are constantly
   seeking a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon
   High Council.
(I'll leave parsing this sentence as an exercise for the reader, but the
OVS core is:  patlh luDub be'nI'pu'. )

>I'm not sure using it with 'e' is clear, though it might be.  One could
>also say "tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS jIDub," perhaps.
>
>~mark

Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level