tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 25 18:24:51 1996

Re: KLBC - write and good

>Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:22:35 -0800
>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>
>jatlh qeyloS:
>
>>  tlhIngan Hol jatlhtaH 'e' vIDubtaH.
>
>Careful!  There's a tricky little rule which states that you cannot put any
>Type 7 verb suffix on the second verb of a sentence-as-object construction.
>Take the {-taH} off of {Dub}.
>
>Also, don't forget the verb prefix on the first verb!
>
>tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH 'e' vIDub
>I improve that I speak Klingon.

Another of those transitivity questions.  Does "Dub" mean "get better" or
"make something else better"?  Maybe it should be DubmoH?

I'm not sure using it with 'e' is clear, though it might be.  One could
also say "tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS jIDub," perhaps.

~mark

Back to archive top level