tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 25 16:00:20 1996

RE: KLBC: ACT I Scene i

jatlh 'orqut:

>  This is part of the opening scene of the opera I >  am writing.

Ummm . . . are you sure you're up to this?  Don't you think you'd better
master basic conversation before attempting something of this magnitude?
Besides, if you're ready to undertake this sort of project, do you really
think it needs to go under KLBC?  I do like to sleep, you know!  :)  (An opera
IS pretty advanced . . .)

I looked over your first section.  It's got quite a few problems, one of which
is that it doesn't follow its English original very much.  There are plenty of
grammatical problems, too.

I have two pieces of additional advice.  One: start talking to people on the
list or on the MUSH (if anybody would ever show up) in Klingon.  Get some
practice, until you feel comfortable with the language and know you're not
making lots of mistakes.

Two (and this goes for everyone else, also): please send Klingon and English
translations one sentence per line:

tlhIngan Hol mu'tlhegh wa'.
English sentence one.

tlhIngan Hol mu'tlhegh cha'.
English sentence two.

I already have to format my mail by hand; I'd rather not have to cut and paste
to correct as well.

If there are any *specific* problems you'd like help with, I'd be glad to
assist.  It's just that correcting an opera would require hundreds of
kilobytes of text!

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96903.5