tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 25 08:43:10 1996

A Klingon Practice Program

tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu', Saghitlh:

I have a small Visual Basic program for practicing Language Vocabulary that I've
adapted slightly for tlhIngan Hol study (the adaptation just means you don't have to
pick the language file and font every time).  It does Multiple Choice tlhIngan Hol to
DIvI' Hol, DIvI' Hol to tlhIngan Hol, and fill in the blank in the same two
combinations.  It's currently a 32-bit app for Windows 95 and NT, but I can compile a
16-bit version for the Windows 3.1 users if so desired.  Unfortunately, since there
isn't VB for the Mac, it would take a LOT longer for me to port it to that platform.

Anyway, here's the questions:

1) Is anyone interested in this?  I find it does make a good lunchtime diversion, and
does help to practice the vocabulary.

2) If so, it is freeware (feel free to send money if you're really excited, or maybe
take a collection and I can get a copy of Hamlet).  But, where can I put it?  If the
answer is on ftp.kli.org, can someone send info on how I should do that?

3) The current tlhingan.lng data file that accompanies it has only a couple hundred
entries, and I'm rather pressed for time.  It's a simple file, comma/quote delimited,
so perhaps someone else might be interested in providing the full TKD?

4) Finally, does anyone know of a .ICO icon file of the Trefoil so I can use that
instead of the world-icon I've got currently?

Thanks,
TH
[email protected]

Back to archive top level