tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 21 19:24:40 1996

Re: Engishization of Klingon (Was: RE: KLBC a phrase about Honor)

> I count 32 separate phonemes (the consonants and vowels, the "double
> vowels" and the combination "rgh").  If my math is correct, you'd need
> 4,619 syllabic characters to represent all the possible C-V-C
> combinations.  Seems kind of daunting to me.
     Ok, maybe not. :)  But you want efficient?  How about the characters
representing whole affixes?  Hmmmmm... <goes off and counts> that's 90 symbols.
Oh well, we'll see.

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |