tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 21 19:09:32 1996

Re: Beginner

> >  Also, if anyone could provide me with a Klingon name, I would be very
> >  greatful.  I currently use the Nickname 'Necronomicon'.
>
> As you'll see in the FAQ, you can choose any name you like.  After all, it's
> *your* name. It doesn't necessarily have to mean something.  And, no, there's
> no translation for "Necronomicon"!
     However, if you want to keep that meaning, allow me to suggest something
like <Heghpaq> - "book of death", <lompaq> - "book of corpses", or <qa'paq> -
"book of spirits".

     And btw, welcome to the list!

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |