tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 15:01:57 1996

RE: KLBC - Stephen Hawking

jatlh qeyloS:

>  If you topicalize the subject do you
>  have to use a third person pronoun ie 6.3 TKD.  [. . .]  And if so why
(other
>  that he says so) would we have to use a third person pronoun anyways?

Well, I can't think of any way that two third-person nouns could be linked to
a first- or second-person pronoun.  It's not a question of being forced to use
a third-person pronoun when topicalizing the subject.  It's simply that that's
the only way you're going to need to.

(Actually, I've got a few weird ideas, but I think I'll keep them out of KLBC
for now.  In any case, they wouldn't have been at all useful for actually
speaking Klingon.)

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96889.6