tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 06:09:16 1996

Re: Stardates and "jatlh"s

On  5 Nov 96 at 15:38, Adrian K wrote:

> Since there seem to be a few able programmers on this list, I was
> wondering a couple things. First, is there any way to automatically
> "hack" Eudora so that it will use the "jatlh <name>" instead of the
> regular name and timestamp?

There probably is, but I don't know how. Please consult the
manual, online help and/or configuration settings of Eudora.

> Also, is there anyway to configure the
> sig to add the stardate automatically? I realize this isn't quite on
> topic, so please reply to my address at ([email protected]). TIA.

One way I can think of would work for any mail program that keeps
it's signature(s) as separate ASCII text file somewhere on disk and
reads this file whenever the sig is needed. And it also works on
multitasking systems: run a little (selfmade?) program that
constantly changes this signature file to include the stardate for
the current date+time. (Be sure the program correctly uses file
locking and such.)

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/247.5@Fido, 162:100/100.2@Agora,
     74:3108/101.5@QuaZie, 27:2331/201.5@SigNet, 606:3130/200.2@F1-net
           'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level