tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 18 06:29:04 1996

Overthinking grammar

> This is pretty much true, and it is even admitted in the Intoduction to TKD.
> Okrand says, "It should be remembered that even though the rules say 'always'
> and 'never,' when Klingon is actually spoken these rules are sometimes
> broken."
>
> The next sentence is the one I feel most appropriate to  *this* forum,
     From yet another non-expert, an illustrative anecdote:  I had two friends
in college, one of them from the rural South, and one from Barcelona, Spain.
The one from Spain spoke very good English but one day when the other friend
began speaking in the 'slave' dialect (see Joel Chandler Harris's 'Uncle Remus

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |