tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 17 19:41:15 1996

pIqaD

>>We do NOT know anything at all about {pIqaD} beyond what it looks like!
We're
>>not even sure of that!  The font available from the KLI is just a fan
>>alphabet; IT IS NOT THE ACTUAL KLINGON WRITING SYSTEM!
>
>This appears to me to be somewhat muddy thinking.  How can you distinguish
>the validity of a fan writing system from a fan language?  Or is it your
>thesis that, since Marc Okrand was *PAID* to create the language for
>Paramount, that it's *NOT* a fan language, even though the bulk of the
>speakers/writers (I'm counting numbers here -- I'm a democrat) are fans?
>Especially since the writing system appears in Paramount's movies and TV
>shows?  (Of course, in this case the writing doesn't actually *MEAN*
>anything, but that's another debate!)

Look real close people.  The font from KLI and the font displayed by
Paramount are 'very' similar but some of the symbles ARE different.  Maybe
you tera'nganpu' aren't sophisticated enough to notice; my Vulcan side
noticed the differences within three seconds after looking at the font.  I
had this argument once before; they too failed to see.

DloraH
Stardate: 96882.0

Back to archive top level