tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 15 15:30:11 1996

RE: <K'>vaD ghItlhlu''a'?

jatlh HurghwI':

>  "mayq" could be a Klingon name,
>  possibly adopted from another culture, but it certainly does not follow the
>  naming conventions of tlhIngan Hol any better than K'vaD.

Look, there are many dialects of tlhIngan Hol, and we only know the current
standard.  Perhaps it is a name handed down through the generations which
happens to defy the current sound possibilities.

There may also be many other Klingon languages.  Although I have never read
_The Final Reflection_, another language (Klingonaase) could very well exist.

Furthermore, there may be many species who are part of the Klingon Empire.
The Empire is not just on Qo'noS, you know.  Such a name could come from the
language of any of the species who were conquered by/are part of the Klingon
Empire.

Finally, you could just remember for a moment that this is just an artificial
language created about a really fun fiction, and accept that {mayq} is a
transliteration and {K'vaD} is fun to say.

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96875.8

Back to archive top level