tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 15 13:53:58 1996

Re: RE: KLBC: Translation

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:14:22 -0800 David Trimboli
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ram Daq DaghoSpu'bogh, pa' SoHtaHmo'.

Now wait just a minute. The causitive factor behind your
location's insignificance is your presence there? I think you
have missed your mark (even though I don't like the target very
much). Okay, I guess I need to try again.

"Whereever you go, there you are." Cast in Klingon:

Hoch DaSuchbogh yIchargh!

The justification for this translation is simple. All places
where one "is" at one time or another is a place one visits. The
most common thing a Klingon leaves behind is victory, since
until one has it, one is not finished visiting a place, right?

> jIwuQ.  reH lugh charghwI'.  mu'tlheghvam jatlhbe'ba' tlhIngan jay'!

DaH mu'tlheghvam jatlh tlhIngan!

> SuStel
> BG
> Stardate 96870.6