tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 06:10:27 1996

Re: <K'>vaD ghItlhlu''a'?

> From: David Trimboli <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: <K'>vaD ghItlhlu''a'?
> Date: Tuesday, November 12, 1996 11:22 PM

> >  SKI: Never use K'[name here]. Illegal and stupid.

> Anyone can choose whatever name they like, even if it begins with
K'.  This
> doesn't mean that it's trying to represent a Klingon sound, it's
just how they
> like their name!  Read the FAQ.

I am in agreement with SuStel.

Many Klingonists, definitely those of us who are/were in KLAW,
are/were heavily influenced by John Ford's book "The Final
Reflection."  In KLAW, this was required reading and many of us
follow some of the Klingon practices as described in this novel.
Specifically, changing one's name by adding K' at the beginning (for
the Naval branch), or adding M' at the beginning (for Marines).  It's
a sort of verbal badge attached to one's name.  My theld name is
"qotlhpach."  This is only used among my own theld members.  My
"official" or military name is "K'Pach."  I would also point out that
KLAW, John Ford, FASA, and "Klingons," all existed prior to Marc
Okrand's TKD.

K'Pach epetaI-jubchuQun

Back to archive top level