tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 13 17:02:56 1996

RE: (KLBC) Sayu'

jatlh HurghwI':

>  SaQlaHbe'chugh tlhInganpu', chay' mInDu' yIQmoH?
>  "If Klingons can't cry, how do they keep their eyes wet?"

jISovbe'!  (lughchu' pab).

>  pabwIj lughmoHlaH SuStel neH, 'ach mujanglaH Hoch. wa'maH wa' Hu'
>  QochDu'
>  vIbuSpu'vIS mujangbe' Hoch.
>       ^^^^^^
>  KLBC-How do I say "after?" Can I use this? "While I had already done it?"

{-DI'} is the usual method.  "After (as soon as)  I returned, I sat."
{jIcheghDI', jIba'}.

I'm afraid I can't follow your last sentence.  is {QochDu'} a misspelling?  I
think it has to do with you asking about foreheads {QuchDu'}.

I'm going to recast your sentence as follows:

wa'maH wa' Hu' QuchDu' vIqeltaHvIS mujang pagh
Nobody answered me while I was considering foreheads 11 days ago.

SuStel
BG
Stardate 96870.5

Back to archive top level