tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 12:09:50 1996

Re: KLBC:Quotes

>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:14:51 -0800
>From: "Donald E. Vick" <[email protected]>
>
>> English-         That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
>> tlhIngon Hol-    HoSwI' SuchenmeH SuHoHboghQo'
>> back to English- You which don't kill for the purpose of building you
>> 		 stronger
>>
>> I'm not positive of the entire structure here.
>     Just my cha' DeQmey, but I'm thinking something like <muHoHbewI'
>muHoSmoHbej.>

Your word-order is backwards, and I think Okrand said that you don't put
verb-prefixes on verbs that have -wI' on them.  You can fumble around with
relative clauses, but I'd do it a little simpler:

DuHoHbe'chugh, DuHoSchoHmoH.

If it doesn't kill you, it strengthens you.

I'll let SuStel handle the analysis of the original suggestion.

~mark

Back to archive top level