tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 11:43:58 1996

Re: YATNT (Yet Another Tlhingan-hol Name Translation)

> From: Steve Wolfson <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: YATNT (Yet Another Tlhingan-hol Name Translation)
> Date: Tuesday, November 12, 1996 1:26 PM
>
> ta'mIv  which would be Emperor Helmet or Acomplishment Helmet both
> seem to have a nice ring to it.  Would this be the correct
> construction or would mIvta' be more correct.  I was trying
> to get the sense of Helmet of the Emperor or Helmet of
Accomplishment.

I thought I would give it a try - the best I came up with was the
same as yours:  "ta'mIv."
The only other decent possibilty I came up with was:  "van'a'mIv"
(award helmet).

However, I don't recall any tlhInganpu' wearing crowns.  The "command
cloak" is more in tune.  (ra'ngup? .... sound more like a sinus
problem).

> Perhaps a good project would be a tlhingan-hol equivalent of a Baby
Names book :)

Sounds like a good idea!  ... majqechHey!

K'Pach

Back to archive top level