tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 10:19:39 1996

YATNT (Yet Another Tlhingan-hol Name Translation)

I've finally had a chance to delve into the TKD and start learning and
interpreting some of the text that comes out on the list.  Like others
it would be nice to have a thlingan name.  Stephen is from the Greek
for crown, so a possible analogy I came up with was

ta'mIv  which would be Emperor Helmet or Acomplishment Helmet both
seem to have a nice ring to it.  Would this be the correct
construction or would mIvta' be more correct.  I was trying
to get the sense of Helmet of the Emperor or Helmet of Accomplishment.

Perhaps a good project would be a tlhingan-hol equivalent of a Baby Names
book :)

-- Steve

Back to archive top level