tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 11:03:45 1996

Re: a proverb

> From: [email protected]
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: a proverb
> Date: Tuesday, November 12, 1996 1:34 AM
>
> Tony Pierce wrote:
> >bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj
>
> wa'logh jInajtaHvIS qeylIS vIghompu'
> betleH chenmoHmeH lo'lu'bogh mIw mu'ang
> HoSghaj naj
> reH najvetlh vIqaw

My attempt at translation

**
Once, while I was dreaming, I met Kahless.
He caused a batlith to form and proceded to instruct me in its use.
Dream of strength
I always remember the cockroach-dream
**

I felt comfortable with the first 2 lines. The 3d line was a bit
hazy; and the last line made no sense to me at all.  Could the
reference to "cockroach" be analagous to "grasshopper" (ie, in the
Kung Fu series?)

K'Pach

Back to archive top level