tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 18:49:03 1996

RE: Greetings from a newbie in Denver

jatlh Eric Yarnell:

>  I have no knowledge of Klingon.  I joined the list because I am sick of the
>  subtheme running through the various Star Trek shows in which all the major
>  non-human characters (Worf, Odo, Data, etc. and now Quark's brother
>  Rom)
>  struggle with wanting to become human, which seems utterly unrealistic and
>  downright pathetic to me.  Anyhow, a chance to be involved in a group which
>  wants to be Klingon (in a certain sense) seems like poetic justice to me.

toH!  tlhIngan DaDataH 'e' DaparHa'!  maj, tlhInganpu' qaq law' tera'nganpu'
qaq puS.  'ach naDev tlhInganna' Damoj DaneHchugh, tlhIngan Hol DaghojnISbej!

So!  You like to be Klingon!  Good, Klingons are better than Terrans.  But if
you want to become a *real* Klingon here, you've got to learn the Klingon
Language!

SuStel 'oH pongwIj'e'.  taghwI'pu' pabpo' jIH.  tlhIngan Hol DaghojchoHchugh,
qaQaH.  *subject*Daq "KLBC" DaghItlhchugh, jangpa' latlhpu', jIjang jIH.

I'm SuStel, the Beginners' Grammarian.  If you are beginning to learn Klingon,
I will help you.  If you write "KLBC" in the subject field, I will answer you
before any others do.

tlhIngan Hol mu'ghom yIje' 'ej yIHaDqu'.  tlhIngan Hol yejHaD *web* Daq
yISuch.  jabbI'IDghomvam yIlaD 'ej yIlaD!

Buy The Klingon Dictionary and study it!  Visit the Klingon Language
Institute's webpage at <http://www.kli.org/>.  Read and read this mailing
list!

And if you've got any questions at all, just ask!

SuStel
Stardate 96865.4

Back to archive top level