tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 17:20:13 1996

Re: Punctuation

At 03:22 PM 11/11/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Is there an established system of punctuation?  I could find nothing about
>it in _The Klingon Dictionary_.  It seems in some postings in tlhIngan Hol,
>exclamation points and periods are used.  However, no punctuation is used in
>the Syntax section of _The Klingon Dictionary_.

Punctuation has, on occasion, been used by Okrand and others, but there is
no set way to use it. I'm told that real Klingon is written without
puctuation, and the senteces are centered, one sentence per line.

       | \     HurghwI'
    .-|  |-.   ram Daq DajaHbogh pa' jIHtaHmo'
   / /    \ \  [email protected]
  |_,\    /  | http://www.jwp.bc.ca/peregrine
    `-.__.-`

Back to archive top level