tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 10 22:07:04 1996

Re: stardate

>It is saying that 86.26 percent of the year has passed.  According to my
>calculations, the stardate is 9685.99(8216), with 85.99 percent of the year
>completed.  What is your stardate system?

i'm not the one you were asking but I use the same calculations (I think).
It is not the percentage of the year.  It doesn't go year by year.  It
covers the whole century.  Some years have an extra day (leap year).  Jan 96
is not 96% of the century; because of the leap years, the actual percent is
off a little.  I figured out my own calculations for a batch program i wrote
(it puts the stardate in the clipboard, then I can just 'paste' it on).  I
ended up getting the same numbers that SuStel gets.

tlhIngan Hol vIlobe'mo' jItlhIj

DloraH

Stardate: 96863.117

PS: one hour is about .114