tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 17:03:57 1996

Re: RE: KLBC: Two quick questions

ghItlh charghwI':
>> What is the proper spelling of the word for "expensive", {wagh} or {waH}?
>If anyone finds that the New Words list is definitely misspelled
>on this, definitely let me know directly. I think this is one of
>those words that we have never seen spelled.

*I* heard {waH}.

The spelling presented in HolQeD was apparently approved by Marc Okrand...
unfortunately, there were three separate spellings presented by various
listeners.  {wagh} and {waH} were both identified, but the first one was
*{wasH}. :)  I think the issue is still open on this one.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level