tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 14:50:16 1996

Re: KLBC: mughmey

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996 19:18:06 -0800 Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:
> It's not so simple when you want to use the locative of one sentence as
> the locative of another, as "in the room where I read the book."  This
> is a variation of the infamous "ship in which I fled" problem, which we
> don't know how to resolve.  See the FAQ. :)

Except of course to break it into two sentences. "I fled in a
ship. On that ship..." That pretty much conveys, "On the ship in
which I fled..." The problem is created by the artificial
requirement that it be cast in one sentence.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level