tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 03 17:42:46 1996

RE: KLBC: Qochmeychaj tlhInganpu'

Savan Hoch:

qatlh pImbogh QuchDo' tu'lu' 'e' jIbuSpu'.
"I have wondered why one finds foreheads which are different."
I wanted to say "so many different foreheads," and having forgotten that
{-qu'} is only for verbs, I had attached it to {-mey (now {-Do'})}.

Quchchajmo' tlhInganpu' luwavlu' 'e' DabuS'a'?
"Does one divide Klingons on the basis of foreheads?"
I was trying to ask if Klingons have different foreheads due to race. I
suppose I could have said something like:
pImbogh mutmey bIH tlhInganpu'mo' pImbogh QuchDo' tu'lu'.

qechmey lughajlu''a'?
"Are there any ideas?" in the sense of "Does anyone have any ideas?"
I could have said:
qechmey ghaj vay'

-Adrian K (aka HurghwI') {{:-)}

             \|||||/