tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 03 17:06:54 1996

RE: KLBC: Qochmeychaj tlhInganpu'

jatlh HurghwI':

>  Savan Hoch:
>
>  qatlh pIm Quchmeyqu' tu'lu' 'e' jIbuSpu'.

Hmmm . . . Well, {Quch} can either be a noun meaning "forehead" or a verb
meaning "be happy."  However, you've got both a noun suffix {-mey} and a verb
suffix {-qu'} on it.  Which is it?  At this stage, you should probably include
an English version of what you meant when you write in KLBC.

You've got a verb {pIm} "be different" and the verb {tu'} being used as the
construction {tu'lu'} "there is/there are."  You've also got an {'e'}
sentence.  Maybe you should resend this message (including the Klingon again;
I'd rather not have to search around for this letter in my "deleted" folder)
with your intended English meaning.

>  Quchchajmo' tlhInganpu' luwavlu' 'e' DabuS'a'?

This means "Do you focus on the fact that one divides Klingons because of
their foreheads?"  Is this what you intended to say?

>  qechmey lughajlu''a'?

This means "Does one have any ideas?"  I suppose you're trying to say "Does
anyone have any ideas?"  It works, I suppose, although in this case I would
rather specify the "someone" with {vay'} as a subject rather than use the
suffix {-lu'}.  Your sentence is more like "Are any ideas had?" than "Does
someone have any ideas?"

As far as I can tell, you're asking why people are talking about Klingon
foreheads.  Is this correct?  Please resend this, with both the Klingon and
the English.

SuStel
Stardate 96843.1

Back to archive top level