tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 03 17:06:57 1996

RE: KLBC - Trick or Treat

jatlh taDI'oS vIq:

>  bIDubqu'!  Hol wIghojmeH, batlh wISuqmeH je wIja'chuq 'ej tlhIngan Hol
wIlo'

>  jabbI'IDvam latlh 'ay' janglaH taghwIpu' pabpo' neH.

Aha!  I'd hardly call you a beginner, taDI'oS, jupwI', but since you posted
under KLBC, I feel obliged to point out your errors . . . :)

You said {Hol wIghojmeH, batlh wISuqmeH je}.  We have precedent (TKW, Star
Trek: Klingon) that you connect these phrases with the sentence conjunctions
{'ej}, {qoj}, {pagh}, and not the noun conjunctions.  Therefore, this phrase
would have to be {Hol wIghojmeH 'ej batlh wISuqmeH}.

{wIja'chuq}  We discuss what?  Perhaps you mean {tlhIngan Hol wIja'chuq}?
(I'm not even going to get into the question of whether {ja'chuq} can be
considered a seperate, transitive verb . . .)  There was no other context to
suggest anything else.  Still, I'm unsure . . .

SuStel
Stardate 96843.1

Back to archive top level