tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 23:51:16 1996

Re: "under" (was KLBC:Name that Song)

My translation:
>>> nagh bIngDaq vIyIn.      ... but is that right?

ghunchu'wI' corrects along the lines of:
>> ... Need to use {jI-} instead of {-vI} because there is no object

I see. My corrrection:
    {nagh bIngDaq jIyIn}

beHwI"av wonders:
> Isn't "a rock's below-area" an object.[?]

Yes. That is, it is an object if the sentence is something like "Kick the
rock's below-area!", or perhaps "You have seen the rock's below area".

But in my sentence, it was not an object. There -was- no object, the main
part of the sentence was just {jIyIn}: "I live." The rock's below-area was
where the action is taking place, and thus took the {-Daq}.

bIyaj'a'?

voqHa'wI'
              [email protected]  / /     / / / /____/ // / / / \ \
       [email protected]  / /____ / / / // __  // /_/ /___\ \