tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 25 15:55:33 1996

Re: KLBC: tugh jIchegh

"KLBC" vIlegh.  jabbI'IDvam vInuDchu'.

ghItlh pagh:
>qaStaHvIS jaj puS, jabbI'ID ghomvam vIlaDlaHbe'.

"I won't be able to read this mailing list for a few days."  maj.

>DaHjaj yaHwIj ngo'vo' jImev, 'ej wa'maHleS yaHwIj
>chu'Daq jIvumchoH.

"I stopped from my old duty station today, and in ten days I begin
working at my new duty station."  The first part seems a bit strained.
I'd suggest using the same phrasing as the second part:
{yaHwIj ngo'Daq jIvumbe'choH}.

>qep'a' wejDIchDaq jIlenglaHbe', 'ach qaStaHvIS wa'
>jar, qep'a' loSDIchDaq jIlengbej 'e' vIHech.

"I can't travel to the third convention, but while one month is occurring,
I intend that I certainly travel to the fourth convention."  I'm not sure
what the reference to one month is doing here.

>qaStaHvIS qep'a' wejDIch, *Shakespeare* vIbejmeH
>*Ashland, Oregon*-Daq jIleng.

"During the third convention, I will travel to Ashland, Oregon in order
to watch Shakespeare." maj.

>DI'vI' Hol lujatlh
>reHwI'pu', 'ach vItIv 'e' vIpIH {{;-)

"The players speak the Federation's language, but I expect to enjoy it."
I guess {reHwI'} is okay for "player, actor", especially since they are
performing a "play".