tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 17:32:48 1996

Re:web toDSaH (KLBC)

ghItlh HoHwI':
>        Heghna' qemwI' jub jIH 'ej qaHoHDI', bortaS gho SoQmoH.  ghajmeH
>batlh DeghwIj, nachlij vIghajbe' jIH.  chonarghlaHbe'.
>
>        Now that should say, "I am the immortal bringer of death...

"I am the immortal bringer of certain death..."  The suffix {-na'} puts
a bit more oomph in the Klingon word than your English translation has.

>...and when I kill you the circle of revenge will be closed.

"...and when I kill you, it will close the circle of revenge."  There's
a difference in emphasis between {['oH] SoQmoH} and {SoQ ['oH]}.

>For my medal of honor, I will have your head.

"In order for my medal of honor to have, *I* do not have your head."
The word order is off at the beginning of this sentence, and the verb
needs a prefix if you want to say "For me to have a medal of honor..."
But that seems a bit convoluted.  I suggest rephrasing it to something
a little more simple, like "Your head will be my medal of honor."

>You cannot escape me."

[This sentence I recognize. :-)]

>        Hopefully alot better!

Dubbejpu'.  yItaH!