tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 17:55:37 1996

Re: KLBC: Bored in class

ghItlh HoHwI':
>{bItghHa'Daq yIghos

"TKD"-Daq mu'tlhegh tu'lu'.  'ach <bIghHa'Daq> DaghItlhHa'pu'.

>*Go*Daq yIjuSQo'bej

I wouldn't use {-Daq} here; {jus} seems like it would have the thing
being overtaken or passed as its object.  {Qo'} is a rover merely in
name; it *always* is placed last unless followed by a Type 9 suffix.
{yIjuSbejQo'} implies to me that the command is to not *certainly*
pass, rather than to certainly *not* pass; I'd leave off the {bej}.
This sense of "go" might be translated {tagh}, but maybe not.

>cha'vatlh DeQmey yIHevQo'}

"Do not receive 200 credits."  This might be better than using the
verb {boS} "collect"; I'm not sure whether {boS} is more like "sit
back and catch things as they approach" or "go out and take things
that you find in various places and group them together."

>It took us 20 minutes so it probably looks like
>
>        "Do not eat go and do have a sucky onion day"

Nope, you {tlhIH} did fine.

>        but I hope maybe cha' Quchmey are better than one.

Quch 'ar poQ wa' ghot? :-)